It's no secret that I love all things pink! Even when I'm planning a wedding that has a completely neutral color-story or is filled with pretty hues of blue and gray, I need a little bit of pink in my creative space to keep me motivated and inspired! I've been working on sprucing up my office with colors and designs that I love and although I can't say it's completely done just yet, I love how it looks so far. I have my wonderful husband to thank for pushing me along to get it done and for his contagious enthusiasm in designing my feminine, Kate Spade-inspired workspace! He painted the room, put up with my pickiness on the right shade of white, helped with wall hangings, and cheered me on the whole way through as I painted, glued, stapled and bought everything gold that I laid my eyes on. This room came together thanks to some genius Ikea hacks that I learnt about on Pinterest (oh how I love Pinterest!) and many fabulous finds I collected over several trips to HomeGoods! I found a great fuchsia fabric at JoAnne's and we decided to repurpose some old canvas wall art that was sitting in storage. A few cans of gold spray paint, a lot of printable Etsy art and several hours of team work later, here we are. Here's a peek at my pink, gold, black and white dream office so far. I still need to find the perfect office chair, some cozy floor and window coverings, guests chairs and fill a bit more of the wall space in the room so stay tuned for a follow-up post in the near future!
No matter what your wedding theme, there's always room for a little sparkle in your day! Whether your style is vintage or modern, rustic or glam, bohemian or chic, or maybe a combination of those, adding a bit of glitter and glitz is still a wedding trend that we love and one that is honestly timeless! Take a look at these fabulous ideas on how to add a bit of gold to your wedding day:
1. There are so many gorgeous gold cakes out there these days! In fact, we may have to do a separate blog-post dedicated to gold cakes to share the ones we love. This modern black, white and gold cake channels some serious Kate Spade style.
2. What can we say? We love all things Kate Spade, including these gorgeous pumps with gold glitter heels. We think it's the perfect amount of bridal sparkle! You can buy these stunner wedding shoes here!
3. We're obsessed with all the fun things that are happening with donuts these days. So why not add some sparkle to them while you're at it right?! These super-fun sparkly donuts are sprinkled with some edible gold dust that you can buy here for your next DIY project.
4. If you're going to add some glitter to your wedding day, why not start with your invitations? Give your guests something sparkly to open up and they'll be highly unlikely to send their regrets! Your invitations set the tone and palette for your wedding so don't forget to make them as pretty as your special day promises to be!
5. If you try this next DIY, we want to see pics! How fabulous would this glittery sequin heart look as a backdrop to your dessert table or your photo-booth?? We love it and want an excuse to try it out!
6. If you don't care for a lot of bling and want a couple subtle touches of gold, these gold painted vases and flutes are for you. You can arrange some beautiful fresh florals in them (as shown) or cluster them in various shapes and sizes as a gorgeous centerpiece or display. They would be great as table number holders as well!
7. Even feathers look good in gold! What a great idea for escort cards and we've seen them dazzle as place-cards, decor on the cake table and as part of a place setting to add a "wow" factor. You could also add some to your floral arrangements or attach one to your guest book pen! The options are endless and this is a great DIY project that won't break your bank. You can buy the feathers here and follow the DIY instructions found here.
8. We couldn't resist adding another pretty gold cake to the collection. Those sequin layers have us swooning and that sparkly cake topper complements this five tiered beauty so well!
9. Want to send your guests home with some pretty favors? Dress-up your favor box or bag with gold or glitter. Have them custom-made or make it a DIY project with the help of a gold paint pen and a friend with good penmanship!
10. You don't need to be planning a wedding to try these out! Decorate your home office, a bridal shower or dinner table with some of these DIY gold glitter champagne bottles that promise to bring plenty of sparkle to the party.
Yesterday was National Puppy Day so we hope you gave your furry friend lots of extra hugs and snuggles (whether or not they're still a puppy!). If you're planning on having your dog be a part of your wedding, for the pictures that you'll cherish for a lifetime and the memories of having your entire family present on your special day, we suggest you plan ahead and read through some of our tips.
Tip #1 - Book a venue that allows dogs
If you want your fur baby to be at the actual ceremony or join you for your first dance, make sure the venue allows pets! Our suggestion, weather permitting of course, would be to have the ceremony outdoors, at a park for example, to ensure that your dog can walk you down the aisle or be your ring-bearer!
Tip #2 - Have them be a part of your getting-ready pictures
If your venue doesn't allow pets, or if you don't think your dog will be comfortable being the centre of attention in front of a crowd, bring your best bud along while you're getting ready and taking pre-ceremony pictures. We've seen some super sweet pre-ceremony pictures that are sure to melt your heart!
Tip #3 - Make sure your dog is taken care of
During the excitement and events of your wedding day, it might be difficult to take your fur baby out for a walk or feed them on time. We suggest either making arrangements with your wedding planner or coordinator in advance to ensure that someone will look after your dog or hire a dog-sitter or a dog-walker that day, to give them some well-deserved love and attention. It might get too hot in the afternoon sun if your wedding is in the summer so keep them in a well-shaded area when possible and always ensure that there is plenty of fresh water for them to drink and stay hydrated.
Tip #4 - Dress your Dog for the Occasion!
Although some dogs can't stand to be in any type of clothing, if your dog is the type who doesn't mind some frills, definitely get them all decked out in their finest tux or dress! Little bow ties can be super cute as well :) If you ever need clothing inspiration, you can check out Lisa Vanderpump's dog, Giggy, and his stylish wardrobe here.
Tip #5 - Capture their moments with the kids!
Kids and dogs are our favorite combo! We love seeing pictures of flower girls and ring bearers with cute four legged friends. But be sure to keep a close eye on them as kids can get curious and excitable around dogs, causing even the gentlest pup to get overwhelmed or frustrated.