No matter what your wedding theme, there's always room for a little sparkle in your day! Whether your style is vintage or modern, rustic or glam, bohemian or chic, or maybe a combination of those, adding a bit of glitter and glitz is still a wedding trend that we love and one that is honestly timeless! Take a look at these fabulous ideas on how to add a bit of gold to your wedding day:
1. There are so many gorgeous gold cakes out there these days! In fact, we may have to do a separate blog-post dedicated to gold cakes to share the ones we love. This modern black, white and gold cake channels some serious Kate Spade style.
2. What can we say? We love all things Kate Spade, including these gorgeous pumps with gold glitter heels. We think it's the perfect amount of bridal sparkle! You can buy these stunner wedding shoes here!
3. We're obsessed with all the fun things that are happening with donuts these days. So why not add some sparkle to them while you're at it right?! These super-fun sparkly donuts are sprinkled with some edible gold dust that you can buy here for your next DIY project.
4. If you're going to add some glitter to your wedding day, why not start with your invitations? Give your guests something sparkly to open up and they'll be highly unlikely to send their regrets! Your invitations set the tone and palette for your wedding so don't forget to make them as pretty as your special day promises to be!
5. If you try this next DIY, we want to see pics! How fabulous would this glittery sequin heart look as a backdrop to your dessert table or your photo-booth?? We love it and want an excuse to try it out!
6. If you don't care for a lot of bling and want a couple subtle touches of gold, these gold painted vases and flutes are for you. You can arrange some beautiful fresh florals in them (as shown) or cluster them in various shapes and sizes as a gorgeous centerpiece or display. They would be great as table number holders as well!
7. Even feathers look good in gold! What a great idea for escort cards and we've seen them dazzle as place-cards, decor on the cake table and as part of a place setting to add a "wow" factor. You could also add some to your floral arrangements or attach one to your guest book pen! The options are endless and this is a great DIY project that won't break your bank. You can buy the feathers here and follow the DIY instructions found here.
8. We couldn't resist adding another pretty gold cake to the collection. Those sequin layers have us swooning and that sparkly cake topper complements this five tiered beauty so well!
9. Want to send your guests home with some pretty favors? Dress-up your favor box or bag with gold or glitter. Have them custom-made or make it a DIY project with the help of a gold paint pen and a friend with good penmanship!
10. You don't need to be planning a wedding to try these out! Decorate your home office, a bridal shower or dinner table with some of these DIY gold glitter champagne bottles that promise to bring plenty of sparkle to the party.